de Kloka + Death & Co New York Botanical Perfume
We’re thrilled to partner with Northern California-based de Kloka to create three exceptional botanical perfumes inspired by Death & Co’s bars in New York, Denver, and Los Angeles. Each gender-inclusive scent is made from 100 percent natural ingredients and evokes the unique place where our bars are located, while remaining anchored in the dark frisson of the Death & Co hospitality experience.
Botanical perfume is intimate and ethereal; it wears close to the body and invites reapplication. This is perfume for people who think they don’t like perfume, or who are overwhelmed by commercial fragrances made with synthetic ingredients.
The New York scent is warm, spicy, woody, earthy, and animalic. For its formulation, de Kloka perfumer Jackie Brenner chose elements that speak to classic cocktails, including spikenard, an ancient aromatic with earthy, rooty, and slightly bitter aromas reminiscent of amaro or vermouth. You’ll also find coriander in the top notes, which lightens the perfume with a citrusy herbal note, much as it does in many gin formulations. Absolutes of rose and beeswax in the middle notes are reminiscent of candlelight and lipstick.
Read more about de Kloka founder/perfumer Jackie Brenner here.
See recipes inspired by each of the sents here.
- Top Notes: saffron, sandalwood, linden blossom, coriander, blood cedarwood
- Middle Notes: sweet incense, araucaria, beeswax, Turkish rose, myrrh
- Base Notes: coffee, cardamom, ambrette seed, cedar, brown spikenard, labdanum, malt, leather
- Volume: 15ml eau de parfum
- Ingredients: Botanical perfume is made from completely natural ingredients. The aromatic essences are derived from plant and animal materials, not synthesized from petroleum products. The perfumes of de Kloka are hand-blended from essential oils, Co2 extractions, absolutes, concretes, tinctures, natural isolates, and compounded natural isolates from around the world. Absolutely no petrochemicals or synthetics are used.
- Note: The perfumes contain natural pigments which may stain or discolor clothing and other materials—spritz with awareness.
- Allergy warning: Naturalness does not imply a lack of potential allergens. Please be aware that different people are sensitive to different things, and if you should have any sort of reaction, please discontinue use and consult a physician.
- Made in: Berkeley, California
CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.