de Kloka + Death & Co Washington, D.C. Botanical Perfume
We’re thrilled to partner with Northern California-based de Kloka to create four exceptional botanical perfumes inspired by Death & Co’s bars in New York, Denver, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. Each gender-inclusive scent is made from 100 percent natural ingredients and evokes the unique place where our bars are located, while remaining anchored in the dark frisson of the Death & Co hospitality experience.
Botanical perfume is intimate and ethereal; it wears close to the body and invites reapplication. This is perfume for people who think they don’t like perfume, or who are overwhelmed by commercial fragrances made with synthetic ingredients.
The Washington, D.C. scent is inspired by the history of early America. The birth of the nation brewed in the coffee and tea houses of the District of Columbia, where sweet pipe tobacco was laced with the scent of coffee, tea, brandy, and spices—and where Hamilton and company pondered a radical new future.
This natural perfume is built on a woody and spicy base of sweet tobacco and coffee. The heart is fruity, herbal, and green floral with the signature D.C. springtime cherry and magnolia blossoms. Precious spices of the time like black pepper, nutmeg, and cardamom give this perfume its spicebox aspects. Herbal and fruity clary sage pairs with the musky-fruity black currant buds and tangy lime to create a green apple note. This scent is sophisticated delicious and appropriate for all genders.
Read more about de Kloka founder/perfumer Jackie Brenner here.
See recipes inspired by each of the sents here.
Top Notes: Bitter almond, rosewood leaf, lime, black pepper, black currant, armoise (mugwort)
Middle Notes: Sweet incense, rooibos, clary sage, nutmeg, beeswax, magnolia
- Base Notes: Coffee, cardamom, tobacco, Peru balsam, Buddha wood, malt, balsam
- Volume: 15ml eau de parfum
- Ingredients: Botanical perfume is made from completely natural ingredients. The aromatic essences are derived from plant and animal materials, not synthesized from petroleum products. The perfumes of de Kloka are hand-blended from essential oils, Co2 extractions, absolutes, concretes, tinctures, natural isolates, and compounded natural isolates from around the world. Absolutely no petrochemicals or synthetics are used.
- Note: The perfumes contain natural pigments which may stain or discolor clothing and other materials—spritz with awareness.
- Allergy warning: Naturalness does not imply a lack of potential allergens. Please be aware that different people are sensitive to different things, and if you should have any sort of reaction, please discontinue use and consult a physician.
- Made in: Berkeley, California
CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.